Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Unable to back up maxisys
Unable to back up maxisys

3618 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: 2016-06-20 09:29:52

•   Level 4   
    (157) points
    Howie
    2016-06-12 23:08:30
       I have been trying to back up my maxisys i am using a 16gb micro sd card as recommended. It gets upto 98% and then fails tried this 3 times and fails please advise.

All sorted now crappie sd card from b&m changed card now all good.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-06-13 08:15:25 (Reply to:Howie)

How did you backup? You can backup Scan folder only. And also please check what's the folder size of Scan.

•   Level 4   
    (157) points
    Howie
    2016-06-13 13:47:37 (Reply to:Support02)
        Thanks for getting back to me, The back up instructions i have here that came with the tool suggest that you back up with the scan and autel folders is this correct? which i have now finally done after changing/buying another sd/card 16gb. I now have two files on the sd card ie: SCAN FOLDER and AUTEL FOLDER so should all be ok now.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-06-13 17:10:02 (Reply to:Howie)

It's never that simple , I suspect that some sort of special protected encrypted file for it all to work ( at least after you are out of free update period) that important file  may not copy over.  I am sure that what ever backup you make will work fine while you are still  within your update subscription period and you will just think that all will be well , but long afterwards when you are out of update period and really need  that elusive encrypted file that is key to having authorization is not really there and not going to work, and you will likely be told sorry you need to buy an update. All you can hope for is if you use a Cloning Program like Achronis True Image like guys use to clone a Verus Hard drive. Just copying and pasting files through your Windows PC , small protected encrypted files likely won't transfer. Good luck though. If size of backup files you made are a few Kick-Oh-Sh@ts smaller in total size, you'll likely be SOL

•   Level 4   
    (157) points
    Howie
    2016-06-13 17:43:40 (Reply to:witsend)
      Thanks for that, now a question for the support team is the reply by witsend correct will i have issues with these back up folders when out of subscription. Is there any encrypted files missing from my back up please can you guys at support please check the information below and let me know if all is correct.

Scan Folder
    Size 10.6GB(11.396.625.692bytes
    Size on disc 12.9GB(13.927.219.200bytes
    Contains 110.468 Files 8.161Folders

Autel Folder
    Size 17bytes (17bytes)
    Size on disc 32.0KB(32.768bytes)
    Contains 1 File 0Folders

Is all this correct is anything missing from my back up files/folders.

•   Level 4   
    (157) points
    Howie
    2016-06-14 10:48:46 (Reply to:Howie)
     umm any comment from support?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-06-14 15:39:23 (Reply to:Howie)

I figure if support don't weigh in , then just compare the file sizes of the device and see if  the copied file size is in any way smaller and does not exactly match size of the original files.If the sizes match you probably be ok , but If it does not match, then WIN-BLOWS honored and did not copy some encrypted files, and you definitely need  gonna those once you are out of update period.
     Right now , If any encrypted file is missing , by default likely  connect to the Server that checks your unit  serial # and unit password and still  work while you are within your update period and might even write that missing file back.
      I would be curious if other folk who backed up their software and had a problem after the free update period elapsed  had good luck using their backup software  and Did Not have to purchase  an update to get the Maxi Sys back up working again?

•   Level 4   
    (157) points
    Howie
    2016-06-14 15:58:29 (Reply to:witsend)
    Yeah you could be right the local sd/card contains 110468files and16321folders but when copied over to ext sd/card it shows 110.468files and 8160folder can anyone from the support team explain this discrepancy.

•   Level 4   
    (157) points
    Howie
    2016-06-14 19:38:10 (Reply to:Support02)
    Anyone?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-06-14 20:49:46 (Reply to:Howie)

Since the  32 GB SSD  is integrated into the board, I'm not sure you can just create a backup  Image of  the Android system internal drive using Cloning software via a USB , like you can ,when you remove a usual SATA hard drive, toss in an enclosure and make an image.The Tablet has to be powered up , booted up, things pass through a USB port or card reader  and system will likely not allow copy of certain protected proprietary encrypted sensitive files that need to be there for scanner to work without first going to Autel's web site to check unit serial number and password and see if  your subscription is active or not for necessary authorization before a freshly installed backup is going to work.
    Hey did you or  anybody you know ever need  to install their backup software after  their subscription passed and the tablet actually worked fine again with the freshly installed backup without having to buy a update to get the authorization ? Any testimonials that Maxisys  software backups done will work for you later after expired subscriptions?  ANYONE?
  Total2 Pages